Monday, July 18, 2011

Flipping

Remember that garage sale where everything was a quarter? Well, I picked up a bunch of stuff there that I didn't really need, but it was just in such wonderful condition, not to mention, practically free, that I couldn't pass it up. I wore the sandals for awhile (then Daisy enjoyed eating them), hung up the mirror & clock, and hung up the Van Goghs. A few weekends ago, we had a garage sale in which I decided to sell some of the things from the quarter sale. CHA-CHING is all I have to say.

The Hooked on Phonics set sold for $20. The mom was ecstatic because she scored a deal. Myself, even more, because I made a huge profit.

The scrapbook frame sold for $5.

Remember, I only paid $3 for everything that I picked up that day! In retrospect, I really should have picked up more at that sale.

I am planning on taking the pineapple cutter to a resale store to make a buck on, because really, how often do I buy pineapple? I'm in limbo about the Van Goghs... I kinda like them, but they're not anything I'm crazy about. I may take them to New Uses as well.

I've decided I am going to work more diligently at "flipping" items from yard sales & thrift stores. I'll post if I am successful. My mom & I had a great business before she passed of selling books & media on Amazon. I'd like to start that again as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment