Saturday, January 26, 2013

Is it February yet?

Well, 2013 has not been off to a good start for me & my family. But I guess the worst is over (hopefully).

In short, my father-in-law was diagnosed with liver cancer a few days before Christmas. January 8th we learn the cancer had spread throughout the entire body. January 9th, he entered hospice. He passed away January 16th at age 57.

We got to say our goodbyes and he passed away surrounded by family. It wasn't a surprise, per se, as he has had multiple health problems since I've known him and he was a heavy drinker throughout most of his adult life. Even still. It came on so quickly.

So Carlos & I are now both members of the dead parents' club, with one of each left. It's tragic and we are unlucky, as we are both in our twenties. My mother-in-law has been holding up okay, but her finances and living situation are in limbo and her health is not perfect either. She has Type 2 diabetes, and the stress of her husband's illness and death have caused her to have some rapid weight loss, which can't be good. We've also taken in her dog... not what I had planned but we'll see how that goes.

It seems like we are getting back into our routines. I started my spring college class. I'm getting some items up on eBay and soon will be getting ready for spring consignment season! Yeah!

Anyway, off I go now... but soon I will post a sales update.

No comments:

Post a Comment