Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goals


This past weekend I went to a church rummage sale. I've been going to it for the last few years (since we moved down here) and have always walked away with some goodies. It's a donation sale, which is a double-edged sword in my opinion. It means I can pick my prices but then I have to negotiate with the cashier. I must say I am getting more assertive as I do this. I came to the sale with a $10 bill, a few ones and some odd change. Here's what I found:
  • kids' clothes--an Old Navy sundress, 3 boys' tank tops, Children's Place athletic shorts, Disney Princess pants, infant pants NWT, girls' Old Navy shorts, and 2 pairs of boys' swim trunks (1 NWT)
  • a Longaberger cookie mold
  • Wilton Barney cake pan
  • lots of books
  • 10 DVDs

They asked for $15, I countered with $10, and they accepted. Most of it I will hold on to for the spring consignment sale. I think I can easily triple my profit. I'll list the cake pan on eBay. Turns out the Longaberger mold is a dud, but I'll either sell in a lot or put it in the consignment sale (they do household items as well).

DH & I would like to go on a vacation this December so I've really got to get to goal setting with my eBay business. I've decided I will start small this week at $100.

Also, I'm going to set a goal for the spring consignment sale. I have plenty of time to get some inventory so I am aiming high. I want to bring 1000 items and earn a $2000+ check. Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment