Monday, January 16, 2012

Goodwill Finds 1/15/12


My husband, the King of Craigslist deals, had us trekking all over Ohio (okay not really, but about an hour away) so he could trade his phone for an iPhone (which he's not going to use, he's an Android nerd, but he's going to sell the iPhone for some moolala... I've taught him well) so I got to visit some new to me thrifts. 2 different Goodwills. I am jealous because these Goodwills have a 50% off color and a 75% off color!

Here's what I found...
GW #1:
  • 3 books for my classroom... you know, since I'm about to start teaching Language Arts! 50 cents each
  • Hot Rollers... $5.99 but the 75% color... $1.50
  • Set of 2 TGI Friday goblets... .99 each but 50%... .50 each
  • 2 Go Diego Go mugs... looks like they'll be a dud... .59 each
  • a COPS mug... .59
  • a brand new Grace Elements shirt... never heard of the brand but its tag said it retails for 58$ so I took a chance... $1.99 (50% off)
  • a pair of Nike Dri Fit capris... I may wear them for awhile... $1.50 (50% off)
  • and this, I really have no idea why I looked it up but I'm glad I did. I rarely look at figurines because they never seem to sell for much. But I'd never heard of this so I checked it out. A Munro After the Party Pantry Keys mouse figurine. I paid $2.99 for it. There were only 2 completeds, one for $20 something, and one for $120!! Unfortunately I realized when I got home that my figurine is chipped but I think I'll still do okay. It already has 2 watchers.
GW #2:
  • 3 Barney videos, 25 cents each. 1 I'd never seen before, "Three Wishes", which has Sandy Duncan in it, sells for about $20 on its own!
  • 4 books for my classroom, 50 cents each
  • a new bike pump for us, $2.99
  • a little rooster lid, 12 cents (75% color). I collect rooster stuff!

Sorry for the horrible pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment