Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Coupons from Companies

About a week ago, one of my favorite blogs, Money Saving Mom, had a post about how it pays to email companies. In the past, I have sent snail mail letters to companies to compliment them or to complain, but it never occurred to me that I could have the same success by emailing them. What an inexpensive, convenient way to get coupons that I will use. So I've been emailing companies and I will post about my successes (and hopefully no failures).

I've had one success so far with an extremely quick turn-around. Since DH & I are doing Weight Watchers, I emailed Smart Ones to tell them how we love and rely on their frozen meals. I received an email thanking me and telling me that I'd be receiving some coupons in the mail. Yesterday I received an envelope from Heinz with 4 75-cent off any Smart Ones product coupons. I already used them all :) They doubled at Meijer, making for some cheap lunches. Just in time, because our freezer was getting empty.

2 comments:

  1. I try to call 10 companies a day or email if the kids are awake and noisy. I get pretty good coupons from most too. You will become addicted :) some companies that are really great about sending out coupons are sc johnson| colgate-palmolive and kimberly clark. I'd love to hear what you get back from the companies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just created a Master List where I'll update when I receive coupons. Do you have a list on your blog?

    ReplyDelete