Friday, September 30, 2011

So Long September

Next week I will be taking stuff to a consignment sale, so this weekend I'll be finishing up adding the inventory to the online database and tagging items. Today was a professional development day (AKA a waste of time) and afterwards I swung by the VOA thrift store. I found a toy of the green striped character from Yo Gabba Gabba that I still need to research, but he was 90 cents so I figured I'd go for it. I think he needs new batteries too. I also found 3 pairs of kid's shoes packaged in bags at 99 cents each. I found it strange because through the bags they seemed in excellent shape and I don't know why they were so cheap and in bags to begin with, when all the other shoes are on a shelf and are more costly and in crummier condition. Well at home I opened the bags and examined them, and sure enough, each pair is in wonderful shape. Only downside was one pair are LeBron James Nikes and being as I am an Ohioan I despise him, but as Carlos pointed out it's not like he's getting paid off of them since I bought them secondhand. Plus I'll hopefully make several bucks profit at the consignment sale.

I'm going to take a bunch of stuff to the sale that I could sell on eBay, but I figure since I move so slowly listing I minds well get rid of some of my inventory so I can do what I do best and that is buy more!

Tomorrow unfortunately are conferences from 10-2 so I'm missing out on a few church sales. Oh how I love church sales because they frequently have fill a bag deals at the end. I hope to get to one though that doesn't end until 4.

So long September, you zoomed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment