Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nah, I'm back...

I was reading through previous entries on here, and I just decided to keep writing in here. So I'm going to post the entries I wrote on my tumblr, and then delete that tumblr! Here they are:


More sales, just a few...
HUGE BIG LOT SET OF 22 YA YOUNG ADULT FEAR STREET HORROR CHAPTER BOOKS RL STINE
$19.99 - 5.00 shipping= $14.99
Not really a moneymaker here. Most of these came from my classroom library. I got moved to teaching gifted LA in a very small classroom so I don’t have the room for all my books. I probably paid about 50 cents for each book, or $11 total.

Remington Hot Rollers Tight Curlers H-10801 Pageant Prom 300 Watts (20) Wax Core
$55.99- 13.95 shipping=$42.03
This item here was definitely what Darrel from Storage Wars would call the WOW factor. I picked these up for $2 at a flea market last week. They didn’t even come with the clips. I hope the buyer is satisfied

Back Home
Back home after being up in NE Ohio visiting with my dad for a week. I got a lot of thrifting fun out of it! We went to the flea market, some garage sales, and thrift stores. It was a good time but I’m glad to be home. Here’s one thing that sold recently…

LOT SET OF 8 MICHIGAN AMERICAN CHILLERS BOOKS JOHNATHAN RAND SIGNED LIKE NEW
image
$17.99-$4.58 shipping= $13.41
I bought them in sets at the VOA so I probably paid no more than $4 total. I bought them on a hunch because they were in such good shape and just seemed unique. When I got home I discovered one was signed by the author.
I’ve decided I’m going to have a garage sale this Saturday. I have so much stuff that takes up space, and I’m tired of waiting until the consignment sales. So I’m hoping to clear out a bit of space in the process. 

What It Sold For
Back into the eBay groove… Sales are slooooow but it’s like this for everyone since it’s June. Here’s what sold for me:
HUGE BIG LOT SET OF 34 GOOSEBUMPS CHILDRENS CHAPTER BOOKS RL STINE SCARY HORROR
$29.99 - free shipping ($7.04)= $22.95
image

BIG SET LOT OF 15 JUNIE B JONES BARBARA PARK SERIES CHILDRENS CHAPTER BOOKS
$19.99 - free shipping ($4.58)=$15.41
image

Church Sale Gold Mine
I love summer Saturdays. Sundress and flip flops, ice cold fountain drink, and a morning of dragging the husband to garage sales! He always manages to find something for himself, and he gets lunch out of the deal.
This morning included a dozen or so sales, but the one I will brag about is the church sale we encountered. I must echo Janessa who posted today “I heart church sales!” Like her I look for clothes to resell at consignment sales. I find that more often than not, if you hit a church sale at the right time, they give you the whole, “fill a bag for x price” routine. This one was no different! They were having fill a bag of children’s clothes for a dollar! Well, don’t mind if I do! The workers kept eagerly reiterating, stuff it full of whatever’s at the table, so I was able to grab:
  • 2 diaper covers
  • 1 dress
  • 2 pairs of shorts
  • 1 pair of swim trunks
  • 2 skirts
  • 15 pairs of pants
  • 2 pairs of shoes
  • 6 fleece/hoodies/sweaters
  • 22 shirts
  • and 5 coats…
I stuffed 3 bags full and paid $3! I also snagged a huge bulletin board for 50 cents and a partial roll of contact paper, little set of stationery, and little plastic container to store Pringles for free. Add in the two sets of baked goodies Dear Husband purchased (I told you he always manages to find something) and we spent $6.50. Booyah!
image

This is the post when I reveal my lack of organization.
Holy crap on a log. 
So I’ve been thrifting for profit for about a year now, and I do way more buying than I do selling. In fact, I haven’t even listed anything in about six months. I have items thrown in very nook and cranny in this house. And it’s a big house (well for two people). The garage is covered so much in fact that we can’t park our cars in there, the crawlspace is overflowing, my spare bedroom has bits and pieces everywhere, not to mention all the bags and boxes of recently acquired goods.

Well. It is time I fix this. Expect some before and after photos!

1 comment: