Sunday, July 22, 2012

Paying off my mattress: Week 1

So I'm going to begin my journey towards getting my mattress paid off by telling you what sold last week! I must admit I came close to my goal this time! I'm not going to subtract shipping in this challenge; mostly because I'm too lazy to get the receipts.


LOT OF BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE CROSS JEWELRY PENDANTS NECKLACES SARAH COVENTRY AVON

Sold: $19.99
Cost: Free (came from my dad)

HUGE BIG LOT SET MIXED COLLECTION OF 40 MILITARY PATCHES UNITED STATES US ARMY

Sold: $59.99
Cost: Free (came from my dad)

DISNEY STORE MUPPETS MOVIE SHOW STUFFED FOZZIE BEAR PLUSH DOLL 15" JIM HENSON

Sold: $18.49
Cost: .90 (Volunteers of America)

NEW NIP RARE BLUES BLUE'S CLUES BIRTHDAY PARTY ACTIVITY MAT PRESCHOOL NICK JR

Sold: $22.99- buyer hasn't paid yet
Cost:  $2.92 (Volunteers of America)

On Half.com:
Book- Eat This, Not That 2012 $9.41
Cost: $2.00 (school garage sale)



Grand total...$130.87
$1222.43 Left

I did prove that if you keep working towards something, it will happen. That old adage, "If you build it, they will come," "If you list it, it will sell (eventually)," 

I also have had no shortage of buying new items. I went to the VOA twice, two different Goodwills, the Salvo, and of course garage saling. I try to tell myself I won't get to go as often when the school year starts, and I need to stock up for when garage sale season ends, but I think I'm just a little bit obsessed. Some of the neater deals I found this week-- winter clothes at Salvo for 19 cents each (found 33 pieces), a Dyson at a sale for $20.

I also signed up for a new (for me) consignment sale at the end of August. I'll be doing at least 3 this fall, maybe more depending on if I want to drive for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment